Friday, March 9, 2007

Meal 03-09-07




Lunch - cha lua salad

Cha Lua aka:

  • Gio Lua
  • Vietnamese Salami
  • Vietnamese Ham
  • Vietnamese Pork Sausage
  • lean pork pie
  • cured pork patty (Bengal's)









Dinner - banh cuon served w/ fish sauce
(from Huong Lan Fast Food, Sacramento)

aka:
rice flour steamed rolls
rolled rice pancakes
rice crepes w/ pork fillings (Bengal's)

memory: when I was a little girl living in Sai Gon I used to be amazed at the lady next door who was panning the banh cuon crepes... she panned it really thin and the texture was sheer and silky... best of all was eating it seconds after she rolled it perfectly off of the pan... the vapor would hit the roof of my mouth... that was breakfast... mommy gave me money every morning for it... other times I'd eat at the pho store at the corner

No comments:

myBengal COPYWRONG 2007